[CentOS] Samba HOWTO wiki bug: chcon samba_share_t

Fri May 4 23:49:59 UTC 2018
Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com>

On May 4, 2018, at 5:13 PM, Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/04/2018 12:03 PM, Warren Young wrote:
>> …there is a command down in section 2 that gives an error here on CentOS 7:
>>
>>     $ sudo semanage fcontext –at samba_share_t /path/to/share
>>     …noise noise noise…
>>     semanage: error: unrecognized arguments: samba_share_t /path/to/share
>
> What is "noise" exactly?  I don't get errors from that command:

The full message is:

    usage: semanage [-h]

                    {import,export,login,user,port,interface,module,node,fcontext,boolean,permissive,dontaudit}
    semanage: error: unrecognized arguments: samba_share_t '/path/to/share(/.*)?'