[CentOS] Samba HOWTO wiki bug: chcon samba_share_t

Sat May 5 07:29:48 UTC 2018
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 05/04/2018 11:15 PM, Warren Young wrote:
> On May 5, 2018, at 12:04 AM, Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 05/04/2018 04:05 PM, Warren Young wrote:
>>> Alright, then why do I get that error when I give the command from
>>> this morning’s wiki text, and how do I avoid it?
>> You get the error because that isn't a hyphen, it's an en-dash. Someone probably copied and pasted from Word.
> The formatting is from my mailer.  The paste into the terminal wouldn’t have been affected.
> And again, the chcon command succeeded, with the same type name, copied from the same source by the same method.

The only way I can get semanage to output the error you reported is if
that command is run with an en-dash instead of a hyphen.  I'm really
pretty confident that it was an en-dash when you ran the command.

The command works when it's run with a hyphen, and it will print a
different error if there is any other type of usage error I've tested.