[CentOS] OT: hardware: sanitizing a dead SSD?

Wed May 9 14:41:05 UTC 2018
James Szinger <jszinger at gmail.com>

Disclaimer: My $dayjob is with a government contractor, but I am speaking
as  private citizen.

Talk to your organization's computer security people.  They will have a
standard procedure for getting rid of dead disks.  We on the internet can't
know what they are.  I'm betting it involves some degree of paperwork.

Around here, I give the disks to my local computer support who in turn give
them the institutional disk destruction team.  I also zero-fill the disk if
possible, but that's not an official requirement.  The disk remains
sensitive until the process is complete.

Jim