[CentOS] could not resolve mirrorlist.centos.org

Tue May 15 17:00:07 UTC 2018

Richard wrote:
>> Date: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 12:01:59 -0400
>> From: m.roth at 5-cent.us
>>
>>    I've got managers on me, I'm rebuilding this system as C 7...
>> and I'm getting the above. No idea. It pings, but pointing a
>> browser to  there gives me "invalid release".
>>
>>    Anyone else having trouble?

> If you want a list of the mirrors, go to:
>
>    <https://www.centos.org/download/mirrors/>

Never mind. I'd installed a minimal basic system, and had added our local
repo, and then went to run a large script... and somewhere, for no reason
I know, it had shut down the NIC-formerly-known-as-eth0. I brought that
up,  and all was well.

       mark