[CentOS] kernel-lt from ELRepo vs. GRUB: define default boot kernel

Wed May 16 17:41:17 UTC 2018
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 16/05/2018 à 17:48, Yan Li a écrit :
> I'm not sure why you need kernel-lt. NVIDIA's proprietary binary drivers
> always support the latest RHEL. RHEL workstations for 3D rendering is
> one major reason why NVIDIA is providing drivers for the Linux platform.
>
> For instance, this is NVIDIA driver 390.30 on my Dell Precision 7510:

My GeForce 210 is slowly but steadily becoming a "legacy" card. Just try
to install the appropriate 340xx driver from NVidia.com manually, you
will notice that the installation fails with the stock CentOS kernel,
but it will succeed with the kernel-lt. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a
pragmatic guy, so whatever solves the problem is good, and I'm moving on.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr