[CentOS] Yum dependency failure installing latest LibreOffice

Tue May 29 11:56:45 UTC 2018
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 08:21:14PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Mon, 28 May 2018 21:08:26 -0400
> Fred Smith wrote:
>
> > Trying to install the latest LibreOffice downloaded from Libreoffice.org.
> > I had 6.0.1.1 and downloaded 6.4.0.2, and kept getting dependency errors:
>
> I expect that yum is looking for dependencies online, i.e. from one of your configured repos rather than a local file.
>
> Try "rpm -i *.rpm" in the directory with all of the libreoffice files in it and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply, Frank.

Yes, I did do "rpm -ivh *.rpm" and it installed without issue.  I've never
had that kind of problem before, and I frequently do the same thing
(i.e., install with yum) with whatever the latest LibreOffice is. In fact
I did it back when 6.0.1.1 came out (not too long ago, but I  misremember
exactly when that was) without problems, but this time I couldn't install
that version either even though it had worked not too long ago. Which
makes me wonder if yum has some new "feature" (i.e., breakage).

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding