[CentOS] CentOS6: HELP! EFI boot fails after replacing disks...

Tue May 29 15:20:04 UTC 2018
Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>

> On 05/29/2018 06:33 AM, Robert Heller wrote:
> >
> >> The UUID in the EFI boot options is 99E275E7-75A0-4B37-A2E6-C5385E600CB, which
> >> does not to match anything, but the system is only happy booting the old
> >> disk...
> > And at this point, it will only boot in legacy mode off the old disk.
>
> That's what I meant, I think.  Legacy mode is BIOS-compatible.  If
> you're booting in legacy mode, you can't access the UEFI variables. The
> old disk probably has GRUB installed on the first block.  It might be
> booting in legacy mode *because* the UEFI boot option's UUID doesn't
> match your partition.

OK,  I think at this point it is not wanting to even boot the old disk in EFI
mode.  Maybe because the old disk is no longer in SATA port 0 (/dev/sda).  It
is not wanting to boot the new disk in EFI mode and won't boot from the
Optical disk in EFI mode (at least I cannot figure out how to do that).