[CentOS] rescue - UEFI revert to BIOS boot - how?

Wed Nov 21 04:00:03 UTC 2018
Steven Tardy <sjt5atra at gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:40 AM lejeczek via CentOS <centos at centos.org>
wrote:

> hi guys
>
> I have a box on which UEFI boot has gone haywire and instead
> of boot it power the box down, that is before even going to
> grub2. (displays some error message)
> I if change to BIOS boot then I can start Centos' rescue -
> my question is: how can I rescue, re-build grub so it would
> boot from tradition BIOS?

If the OS was installed with UEFI enabled I would go back to UEFI mode.

Then re-add your OS boot configuration within the BIOS setup screen.

Most motherboard manufacturers detail this process on their website where
you browse the disk to select somefilename.efi and give it a label “CentOS”.