[CentOS] Red Hat is Planning To Deprecate KDE on RHEL By 2024

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 20:26:57 UTC 2018

On 11/2/18 4:02 PM, Frank Cox wrote:
> https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/11/02/rhel_deprecates_kde/
>
> That's still several years in the future, of course.
>
> I use Mate on all of my machines rather than Gnome or KDE and I'm sure
> many of you fine folks do the same.
>
> But it's interesting nonetheless.

I dunno, I've TRIED to like KDE....really I have, but its just so
kludgy, and menu-obsessed, that I can never really get it to where I'm
comfortable with it. I've been using Gnome since the early days of
Fedora and have watched it progress, I guess its just a better fit for
me. And the older version that comes with CEntOS is also just fine. So
this isn't heartbreaking for me as much as to those who have use KDE and
have grown to love it over the years.