[CentOS] Red Hat is Planning To Deprecate KDE on RHEL By 2024

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 09:27:21 UTC 2018

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018 at 20:18, Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> Le 03/11/2018 à 10:10, Lachlan Musicman a écrit :
> > For me, the saddest thing about this announcement is that I *still* think
> > Amarok is the best media player available, even if I've not used it for a
> > while. Installing the entire KDE base for one program is just too heavy.
> It
> > really is streets ahead of the other media players though.
>
> Amarok is nice, but reminds me of the "All You Can Eat" formula in a
> chinese restaurant where you would be forced to eat every dish. In
> France we call this "une usine à gaz".

Ah yes. I can see that. I said media player, but I only use it for music.
And I used it very heavily - 10-12 hours a day, often with non Linux users
controlling it. It's interface was very smart and intuitive for non linux
users.

------
'...postwork futures are dismissed with the claim that "it is not in our
nature to be idle", thereby demonstrating at once an essentialist view of
labor and an impoverished imagination of the possibilities of nonwork.'

Kathi Weeks, *The Problem with Work: Feminism, Marxism, Antiwork Politics
and Postwork Imaginaries*
<https://www.dukeupress.edu/The-Problem-with-Work/>