[CentOS] Red Hat is Planning To Deprecate KDE on RHEL By 2024

Pete Biggs pete at biggs.org.uk
Sat Nov 3 10:18:24 UTC 2018

On Sat, 2018-11-03 at 10:44 +0100, Walter H. wrote:
> On 02.11.2018 21:02, Frank Cox wrote:
> > https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/11/02/rhel_deprecates_kde/
> >
> > That's still several years in the future, of course.
> >
> > But it's interesting nonetheless.
> by reading between the lines this could mean, that RHEL 7 (CentOS 7 and
> other forks of RHEL)
> is the last one having KDE on board?

I don't think it's reading between the lines! It explicitly says:

   "A future major release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux will no longer
   support using KDE instead of the default GNOME desktop environment."

The next major release is RHEL 8 - it won't support KDE. It doesn't
mean KDE won't run on it, it just means it isn't supported.

P.