[CentOS] Red Hat is Planning To Deprecate KDE on RHEL By 2024

Nataraj incoming-centos at rjl.com
Sat Nov 3 17:21:53 UTC 2018

On 11/3/18 6:41 AM, Alice Wonder wrote:
> On 11/03/2018 01:22 AM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
>> Le 02/11/2018 à 21:19, mark a écrit :
>>> Odd, I've never had that problem. On the other hand, I *really* dislike
>>> gnome. I think their target is 16 yr olds.
>>
>> My reaction to GNOME 3 has been roughly the same as with systemd. At
>> first, I hated it with a passion. Then I saw everyone else seemed to use
>> it. So I started to read the docs and experiment a little bit. And now
>> I'm using it on a daily basis, and to my bewilderment, I've grown to
>> like it.
>
> What really did me in when I was trying to like it, the scroll bars
> were gone and I was told they could be put back in place with
> configuration. So I tried to find the configuration option and
> couldn't find it. Then I was told that I had to hand-code CSS to get
> them back.

On top of that there are seperate css files for the various versions of
gtk, and the syntax was changed over time, but to get the scrollbars
back for applications built under all different versions of gtk, you
have to edit css files for all the different versions.  Then there are
some applications like thunderbird where what you put in the css files
doesn't seem to change the scrollbars.

The one that I could never figure out is this... I run reverse video in
many windows because it's easier on my eyes.  The windows have no
borders, so when they overlap there's no separation between windows.  If
you goggle for it, dozens of solutions come up, but none of them have
worked for me.

Nataraj