[CentOS] merging signatures to a pdf file

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Tue Nov 13 23:15:33 UTC 2018

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 20:48:21 -0600
Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> I have the need to add a signature to the pdf form.  Do
> any of you know of a way to make this  happen?

If you mean the image of an actual signature rather than some sort of digital signing
algorithm, then imagemagick might do what you want.  You can overlay an image onto another
image (i.e. the page), then use the convert command to create the pdf.

Frank,

Thanks for you suggestion!!!!!

I have never really used ImageMagick, but I took a look at it after your note.  It has some
merit.

I also experimented a little with pdftk, and was able to develop a way to overlay a
signature as a watermark with it.  The only drawback so far is that pdftk seems to require
a merge of a whole page, and the only way to place the signature at the proper place is to
place it on a blank pdf page and then create the watermark.  Seems to be a bit of kludge to
me, but I think this will work for what I need to do.

Greg