[CentOS] Continuous Release (CR) Repository has been released for CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 for X86_64, i386, armhfp, aarch64, power9, ppc64le

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Fri Nov 16 18:15:51 UTC 2018

We have pushed the CR repository for CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 for following
architectures:

x86_64
i386
armhfp
aarch64
power9
ppc64le

We are currently still working on the ppc64 / ppc architecture as we are
having issues with some of the 32bit ppc mulitlib builds.

CR is basically the packages that will update your install from CentOS
Linux 7.5.1804 to 7.6.1810, minus the centos-release rpm and the
anaconda rpms.  What we will do now is take these packages and create
the new install tree and install media, then test those and finally
release them as the official CentOS 7.6.1810 release.

This process typically takes about 2 weeks from the CR release .. at
which time CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 becomes the default release.  If you
would like to try this release early, see the CR information on the
CentOS wiki:

https://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CR

We are also working on the Release Notes for CentOS Linux 7.6.1810 on
the wiki .. you can see those here:

https://wiki.centos.org/Manuals/ReleaseNotes/CentOS7.1810

Thank You,
Johnny Hughes