[CentOS] CentOS 7 + GNOME : all icon themes broken after update from CR

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Fri Nov 23 05:57:13 UTC 2018

Le 20/11/2018 à 14:48, Johnny Hughes a écrit :
> I'm actually surprised with the jump in gnome versions between minor
> point releases.  I guess they trying to strike a different balance for
> the GUI / Desktop and Server services.  I actually do appreciate it for
> my desktops.  GNOME3 is the default (and likely the most tested) desktop.

On a side note. One component I do wish Red Hat would upgrade regularly
between point releases is the HPLIP printer driver. The version shipped
with RHEL/CentOS is fairly obsolete and also buggy (hp-plugin hasn't
been working for ages). Which means pretty much every new HP printer I
buy nowadays is unsupported.

There is always the possibility of installing HPLIP from upstream, which
I documented here for example :

  * https://blog.microlinux.fr/hp-pagewide-pro-centos/

But this method also has its shortcomings.  And is one of the many
reasons why I'm considering the move to Fedora on the desktop (which is
more or less a rolling distribution with releases in between).

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr