[CentOS] Php script not running

Jerry Geis

jerry.geis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 13:28:27 UTC 2018

Hi All, I have centos 7. Apache and php are installed.
CGI runs fine - php does not seem to run.

I have the /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf file
php.conf
#
# Cause the PHP interpreter to handle files with a .php extension.
#
<FilesMatch \.php$>
    SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
</FilesMatch>

#
# Allow php to handle Multiviews
#
AddType text/html .php

#
# Add index.php to the list of files that will be served as directory
#
DirectoryIndex index.php

#
# Uncomment the following lines to allow PHP to pretty-print .phps
# files as PHP source code:
#
#<FilesMatch \.phps$>
#    SetHandler application/x-httpd-php-source
#</FilesMatch>

#
# Apache specific PHP configuration options
# those can be override in each configured vhost
#
php_value session.save_handler "files"
php_value session.save_path    "/var/lib/php/session"

I have:
AddHandler cgi-script   .cgi .php

The result is 500 internal server error.

everything seems like its setup - I have restarted httpd.

These are the PHP that are loaded:
rpm -qa | grep php
php-common-5.4.16-45.el7.x86_64
php-5.4.16-45.el7.x86_64
php-fpm-5.4.16-45.el7.x86_64
php-cli-5.4.16-45.el7.x86_64

I do not see any reason in any of the httpd/log files just the 500 internal
server error returned.

If I do the file with the PHP info line  <?php phpinfo(); ?> this displays
correctly, but my other script does not run.

I have checked the permissions on the script and it is executable and owned
by the same user my CGI programs are owned that work.

What might I be missing?

Jerry