[CentOS] Red Hat is Planning To Deprecate KDE on RHEL By 2024

Sat Nov 3 08:22:28 UTC 2018
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 02/11/2018 à 21:19, mark a écrit :
> Odd, I've never had that problem. On the other hand, I *really* dislike
> gnome. I think their target is 16 yr olds.

My reaction to GNOME 3 has been roughly the same as with systemd. At
first, I hated it with a passion. Then I saw everyone else seemed to use
it. So I started to read the docs and experiment a little bit. And now
I'm using it on a daily basis, and to my bewilderment, I've grown to
like it.

  * https://blog.microlinux.fr/gnome-centos/

  * https://blog.microlinux.fr/poste-de-travail-gnome-centos-7/

Sad to hear the news about KDE though. My custom version of CentOS 7 and
KDE 4 is running nicely on a few installations for clients:

  * https://blog.microlinux.fr/poste-de-travail-centos-7/

The only real problem I see with KDE is their frantic release schedule.
Six months seems to be "LTS" for the average KDE developer.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr