[CentOS] Red Hat is Planning To Deprecate KDE on RHEL By 2024

Sat Nov 3 09:17:59 UTC 2018
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Le 03/11/2018 à 10:10, Lachlan Musicman a écrit :
> For me, the saddest thing about this announcement is that I *still* think
> Amarok is the best media player available, even if I've not used it for a
> while. Installing the entire KDE base for one program is just too heavy. It
> really is streets ahead of the other media players though.

For the last ten years or so, I've been using Audacious for audio and
VLC for pretty much everything else. Plus, I have a no-GUI install of
MPlayer, which I use regularly for watching videos that need some
treatment like subtitle sync. Works perfectly.

Amarok is nice, but reminds me of the "All You Can Eat" formula in a
chinese restaurant where you would be forced to eat every dish. In
France we call this "une usine à gaz".

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Blog : https://blog.microlinux.fr