[CentOS] Update to libstdc+++ causes problems.

Wed Nov 14 01:00:39 UTC 2018
Yan Li <elliot.li.tech at gmail.com>

On 11/13/18 11:50 AM, Chris Johnson wrote:
> I believe most of the images were originally built for Ubuntu.

Sounds like that you are trying to run some binaries that were built for
Ubuntu, and the Ubuntu version they used has a higher ABI version than
those in CentOS 7.

If these were software (proprietary or FLOSS) that were designed for
Ubuntu but not CentOS, you'd likely meet some other problems even when
the ABIs match. Ubuntu and CentOS have many differences.

For simplicity I'd choose to stay with Ubuntu. Ubuntu also has Long Term
Support (LTS) versions that are supported for five years:

https://www.ubuntu.com/about/release-cycle

--
Yan Li