[CentOS] where to download kernel-3.10.0-693.17.6.el7 and kernel-devel-3.10.0-693.17.6.el7

Fri Nov 16 01:18:03 UTC 2018
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 11/10/2018 01:54 AM, qw wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I check the following link : http://vault.centos.org/7.4.1708/updates/x86_64/Packages/, and can't find kernel-3.10.0-693.17.6.el7 and kernel-devel-3.10.0-693.17.6.el7 rpm files.
>

> Where can I download the kernel from CentOS website?

CentOS only builds and releases kernels who source code is released
officially by Red Hat.  If you look here, you can see which kernels
those are:

https://git.centos.org/summary/rpms!kernel

I am not sure where you got that specific version, but it was never
released.

Red Hat does build other things in their closed build system that they
don't release.

As an example .. lets say someone is working on a bug fix .. they
complete the work and submit their package to be built. Lets call it
'packagex-4.1-5.e7.src.rpm'.

Someone else is also working on packagex and they also submit their fix
while the previuos fix was in QA testing for 4 days (as an example).
For those 4 days ..  packagex-4.1-5.e7.src.rpm ws part of the build
system .. but it had not yet been released as an errata.  Now, this new
fix becomes packagex-4.1-6.e7.src.rpm .. and that one gets released as
an errata.

CentOS would have never seen or had access to the unreleased
packagex-4.1-5.e7.src.rpm, we would only see the released
packagex-4.1-6.e7.src.rpm.