[CentOS] CentOS 7 + GNOME : all icon themes broken after update from CR

Sun Nov 18 14:39:40 UTC 2018
Yan Li <elliot.li.tech at gmail.com>

On 11/18/18 6:30 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> I did the update from CR, and have some pretty serious issues.  Until I blew away (by mv to a different name) the .local and .config directory trees, I couldn't log in to GNOME at all.  After doing that, I can log in, but if I do any actual work, GNOME crashes, and abrt-cli from root in vc 2 tells me that gnome-shell got a SIGSEGV. I figure all of the updates aren't in CR yet, so I'm going to pull out my backup machine and work with it until I see if CR gets more updates.  Good thing I've got vacation scheduled for next week!I did quite a few other things in trying to troubleshoot, including attempting a yum distro-sync without CR enabled, which had helped me rollback once before, but not this time.  Once I get my backup machine set up I can post better details.

Sorry to hear that. I've updated one workstation (Intel Skylake) to the
latest packages in CR, and everything works well and smoothly. I like
the new GNOME. Maybe it's something special to your machines that
triggered those issues.

--
Yan Li