[CentOS] rescue - UEFI revert to BIOS boot - how?

Wed Nov 21 07:25:38 UTC 2018
Michel van Deventer <michel at van.deventer.cx>

Hi,

I had the same sort of issue. My workstation with a Asrock motherboard
suddenly decided to reset UEFI to defaults which caused my Fedora
installation not to boot. I could boot with a Live USB stick and use
efibootmgr to set the UEFI boot for Fedora but next time I powered on my
machine the same issue happened (I remove AC power from my workstation
when it is not in use). Turned out to be a flat battery for the BIOS
(coin cell). I replaced the coin cell and set the UEFI boot with the
Live USB stick and all was well.
The efibootmgr command was something like :
efibootmgr -c --part 2 --loader /EFI/Fedora/grubx64.efi --label Fedora

Please check the manpage of efibootmgr,  the process of how to setup the
UEFI boot is described very well.

Regards,

    Michel