[CentOS] Upping my game on web work

Wed Nov 21 15:26:46 UTC 2018
mark <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 09:02:38 -0500
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> What 'simple' web support tools do we have here?
>
> Libreoffice can create a html page from a word processor document.
>
> I've done that a few times where I do the basic layout with libreoffice
> and then hand-edit the html to fine tune it.  But my web pages aren't
> usually anything exceptionally fancy.

No word processor produces anything but absolute 100% pure crap HTML.
Every single line has every possible option, and a few extras.

The one HTML editor I ever tried, Quanta, had the lovely habit of, once
you hit ?display", when you went back to editing, it has left justified
*every* *line*.

I hate to suggest it, but something like WordPress might be what you want,
if that's not overkill.

      mark "my web pages proudly built in vi"