[CentOS] CentOS 7 + GNOME : all icon themes broken after update from CR

Thu Nov 22 22:50:53 UTC 2018
Kay Schenk <kay.schenk at gmail.com>

On 11/21/18 9:14 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 11/20/2018 05:35 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

>>> That didn't work unfortunately. The lesson learned here is :
>>>
>>>    * CR repository works great for servers
>>>
>>>    * never use it to upgrade a desktop
>
> Issues for me as well doing this CR upgrade yesterday.
>
> Two particularly upsetting though I have not investigated yet:
>
> * the normal boot menu doesn't appear. The back up kernels and setup may
> have actually been removed. I need to look into this.

Good news on the above. With new updates pushed today, my boot menu is
back. \o/ This saved me digging into grub2 setup. So thank you.

> * My console font is now HUGE!

This is still the case, but I'm sure I can deal with this.