[CentOS] kernel 3.10.0-957.el7.x86_64 + EFI on Dell server - problem

Mon Nov 26 17:18:19 UTC 2018
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 20/11/18 14:58, Jonathan Billings wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 01:32:44PM +0000, lejeczek via CentOS wrote:
>>
>> hi guys
>>
>> I've one box where I just yesterday upgraded Centos. I wonder if that kernel
>> upgrade process might somewhat troublesome.
>> After that upgrade UEFI boot fails with:
>>
>> Failed to set MokListRT: Invalid Parameter
>> Something has gone seriously wrong: import_mok_state() failed
>> : Invalid Parameter
>>
>> Has anybody seen that? And maybe know to fix it?
>> many thanks, L.
>
> I don't know if it's related, but all of our dual-boot workstations
> that used rEFInd for the boot selector stopped being able to launch
> the shim EFI executable after upgrading to the 7.6 shim.  I had to
> manually change the refind configuration to point at the GRUBX64 EFI
> executable instead (we turn off secure boot anyway, custom kernel
> modules).

No rEFInd on my old iMac 2008 (well, my wife's computer at home) but I
had myself to boot in rescue and copy grubx64.efi as shimx64.efi to have
the iMac to boot again (exclusively running CentOS 7)
I initially thought about a very old Apple firwmare (so incompatible
with shim v15) but if people on the list are reporting that for Dell
servers, I guess that it's not a good sign

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab