[CentOS] [External] Re: CentOS 7 package not present in Red Hat EL 7 - qt-assistant

Wed Nov 28 18:16:19 UTC 2018
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 1:00 AM Toralf Lund <toralf.lund at pgs.com> wrote:

> On 28/11/18 01:24, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> > The qt-assistant package is available in RHEL-7:
> >
> > $ sudo yum list qt-assistant
> >
> > qt-assistant.x86_64   1:4.8.7-2.el7    rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
> Right. I notice the word "optional" here - I guess this is where some of
> the confusion comes from, as the Red Hat doc mentioned above does not
> say anything about optional packages, it just mentions base and
> "supplementary" channels. Evidently, optional rpms are not enabled on
> the system mentioned earlier...
>
> Also, this must mean that CentOS "base" is not the same as Red Hat
> "base". Right?
>
> - Toralf

Please note that there are multiple Red Hat subscriptions. Workstation
is one of them. CentOS builds all the packages made publicly available
through git.centos.org.

Akemi