[CentOS] 2038 year Problem

Mark Rousell mark.rousell at signal100.com
Wed Oct 3 01:46:16 UTC 2018

On 02/10/2018 18:46, Larry Martell wrote:
> I got 2 years of work solving the year 2000 issue.

I don't think I've ever said this but I am very envious of all these
people who had loads of work due to Y2K or were paid obscene amounts of
money to tend systems over new year's eve/day.

I was working for an ISP at the time and got none of this. Nothing
happened. I don't even recall any special precautions being taken (apart
from below). No over time, no obscene amounts of money.

Admittedly there was a Y2K audit earlier in the year and so I presume
that the consultants who did it got paid some obscene amounts of money.
As I recall, they found very little except for one major system that we
knew would need updating anyway. And I presume that the contractor who
came in to fix the major system was rather well paid too.

But no money for me. <sulk> Wrong job, wrong time, wrong place, I guess.
Perhaps I should be pleased the actual 99/00 changeover went so smoothly
afterall.

--
Mark Rousell