[CentOS] Frefox update from firefox-60.2.0-1.el7.centos.x86_64 to 60.2.1-1.el7.centos.x86_64 lost master password

Rob Kampen

rkampen at kampensonline.com
Wed Oct 3 09:34:35 UTC 2018

Hi list,

Did an update to firefox last night and rebooted over night.

Today I find firefox started without asking for master password - funny
me thinks.

Try to log in to a web service I use and find that my password does not
appear.

Check preferences and find that no master password is set and the
password list / table is empty.

As I do not trust my passwords to the cloud I do not save these to my
firefox profile ..... so back to manual entry for all my sites.... wow
going to be a slow month as I reset scores of passwords.

Any one else have this problem and any clues as to what causes this? I
am concerned if this should happen again, as I have saved passwords for
many scores of web services.

TIA
Rob