[CentOS] Scroll bar arrows missing and behaviour change

Gary Stainburn

gary at ringways.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 08:48:00 UTC 2018

I have done some Googling on this but everything I've found appears to be at
least 2 years old and mostly refers to Gnome

TBH, I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it - maybe it's only happened to
me.

At some point over the last few months the behaviour of the scroll bars
changed and I'm finding it very annoying.

Firstly, the arrows have vanished.

Secondly, when clicking on the scroll bar background either above or below the
drag bar instead of doing a page up or page down which is what it used to do
(and what I want it to continue doing) it now moves the scroll bar to that
absolute position, i.e. if I click on 75% down the scroll bar it jumps to 75%
of the document.

As this is happening in all apps I'm assuming it's something within KDE that
had changed.

I'm running an up-to-date Centos 7 x64 running the KDE desktop.

Anyone got suggestions on how I can get back the the old style (windows clone)
behaviour and appearance?