[CentOS] Scroll bar arrows missing and behaviour change

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Fri Oct 12 11:19:40 UTC 2018

I agree that issue with the scroll bar jumping all over is really annoying!
It is actually a feature of Gnome and GTK.  It can be changed by editing a
file:

~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

[Settings]
gtk-primary-button-warps-slider=0

You may have to create this file.  Firefox is a good GTK application to verify
that the setting works.  I use it on a CentOS 7 system which uses LXDE for the
desktop.

In Fedora there is an item in Settings which can control this.  It is in the
System Settings application:  Appearance - Application Style - Gnome
Application Style and is called "On left-clicking the scroll bar".

As for your first question, I do not know how to get the arrows back.  I have
not missed them.

--
Bill Gee