[CentOS] C6 Bind

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Mon Oct 15 10:33:00 UTC 2018

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am 15.10.2018 um 00:33 schrieb Ken Smith:
>> If I telnet to port 53 from outside my LAN I get a connection. If I
>> stop bind that connection is refused, confirming the local bind
>> instance is getting the connection.
>
> You cannot test bind operating on port 53 by UDP through telnet.
>
> Alexander

Thank you Alexander, that's exactly right. The problem was nothing to do
with the MBoard change. Investigating with dig traced the issue. Somehow
the UDP port forward setting in my firewall had become corrupt.
Re-establishing that fixed the issue.

Not a Centos or Bind9 issue at all.

Ken

believed to be clean.