[CentOS] C 7 installation annoyances

Mark Milhollan mlm at pixelgate.net
Tue Oct 16 17:04:19 UTC 2018

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018, Nux! wrote:

>The EL7 partitioner is a complete disaster and I regularly bitch about
>it on twitter and irc.

Aye.  It's annoying that the text mode installer can't manipulate
partitioning at all -- they lost that when they made the installer
"better".  If it weren't for that I'd never use the graphical installer.

>Another option is to boot in a Live CD and do you partitioning from
>there either manually or via Gparted and hope these changes will be
>picked up by the EL7 installer so you can just use them as they are.

Similarly, switch to VT 2 (Alt+Ctrl+F2) just before going into the
partitioner and do whatever you like with fdisk (etc) then switch back
to the graphical installer and upon entry the first time rescan the
drive(s).

/mark