[CentOS] systemd automount of cifs share hangs

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Oct 26 21:03:09 UTC 2018

On 10/26/2018 12:25 PM, mark wrote:
> Wait a minute: are you running IPv6? What we see is that if a system
> doesn't get its IPv6 address, NFSv4 goes preferentially for that, and if
> it has that, and looses it, it will*NOT*  fall back to IPv4, but hangs.

All my interfaces have a link local IPv6 address.

Note that only the automount hangs. The regular mount unit works fine.
It also seems that once the mount is manually mounted and allowed to
expire, it automounts again just fine. (I have the TimeoutIdleSec set to
10 for testing.) It's a production server so I can't easily reboot it to
test the failure. I reboot it about once a month when a new kernel comes
out.