[CentOS] IBM buying RedHat

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Mon Oct 29 08:55:39 UTC 2018

On Sun, 28 Oct 2018 at 23:23, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
wrote:

> 2. Does anybody still remember OS/2 which lost userbase to MS Windows for
> workgroups, but IBM still supported it for quite long period of time. And
> OS/2 was much better IMHO.

As a long-time OS/2 user, I do remember, and damn what a miserable life
that was. As soon as I had wound my BBS down (which was running on Maximus
on OS/2), I had switched my home server around to Linux since I preferred
it way way more. Using any new hardware, or a decent graphics card was a
constant struggle and IBM wouldn't care much.

Support as in life support is as good as none.