[CentOS] C7 and NVIDIA driver

Mon Oct 1 00:51:48 UTC 2018
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 08:56:52PM +0200, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
> Hi James,
> I tried as suggested installing cuda but the problem persist.
> In a previous c7.5 installation all works as expected but the driver was
> less then 390.77.

I'm puzzled... I'm running up to date C7 with Nvidia card and the
elrepo nvidia bits at 390.87 without problems. Have you tried using
the nvidia packages from elrepo?

Unless it is a card or chipset-specific problem. I'm using a GTX750ti.

I'm also running Mate desktop, and right now according to:

ls -l /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 35 Dec  2  2015 /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service -> /usr/lib/systemd/system/gdm.service

it is running GDM as the display manager.

Fred