[CentOS] Centos7/Kde4 freeze

Wed Oct 3 08:13:42 UTC 2018
Patrick Bégou <Patrick.Begou at legi.grenoble-inp.fr>

Le 18/09/2018 à 10:04, Patrick Begou a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I have a fresh install of centos 7.4 with KDE on a laptop (latitude
> 5590) connected to a DELL WD15 dockstation with an additionnal screen.
> It works quite well, I have 2 screens side by side (default config),
> but....
> If I add a second menu bar for the screen connected to the dockstation
> (KDE allow for this) it is not possible anymore to start a kde session
> if the laptop is not connected to the dock station (eg: at home), kde
> freeze and never show any menubar. I have to use gnome to login and
> remove the .kde directory.
>
> Is there a way to avoid this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Patrick

This problem seams more general... adding an application to the
"favorite" when connected to a docks station produce the same freeze
when laptop is standalone. The workaround is to to do this BEFORE
connecting to the doc station the first time. :-(

I found also some problems with kwallet when seting up a wifi
connection: it was requesting for a password but kwallet/centos was
unable to focus in the popup windows to allow entering the
password...:-\ (standalone laptop at this time)

kde seams to have some trouble in dynamic screen configurations. I
switched to Xfce which just runs fine and do the job!

Patrick