[CentOS] 2038 year Problem

Wed Oct 3 14:39:41 UTC 2018
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 10:04:57AM -0400, Robert Heller wrote:

> > From: Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>
> > To: centos at centos.org
> > Subject: Re: [CentOS] 2038 year Problem
> >
> > On 10/02/2018 12:41 PM, Johann Fock wrote:
> > > Hallo
> > > Im using CentOS 7
> > > Ist the 2038 year Problem solved in CentOS 7.5 64 bit Version
> > >

> > Well, CentOS-7 will be EOL'ed on 30 June 2024 so does it matter?
> >

> It is my understanding that even 32-bit kernels since 2.6 (or maybe even 2.4)
> use 64 bit system clocks. The "2038 year Problem" has been solved for some
> time...

there's solved, then there's solved.

anything that uses future dates later than 2038-ageddon will still have
trouble, at least until such time as they are all recompiled against
kernels and glibc that contain working mitigations. You can't convince
me that there aren't a lot of programs and databases/files storing such
things. and as time goes by it'll get larger, even before 2038 hits.

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding