[CentOS] Scroll bar arrows missing and behaviour change

Fri Oct 12 13:10:03 UTC 2018
Gary Stainburn <gary at ringways.co.uk>

On Friday 12 October 2018 12:19:40 Bill Gee wrote:
> I agree that issue with the scroll bar jumping all over is really annoying!
> It is actually a feature of Gnome and GTK.  It can be changed by editing a
> file:
>
> ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
>
> [Settings]
> gtk-primary-button-warps-slider=0
>
> You may have to create this file.  Firefox is a good GTK application to
> verify that the setting works.  I use it on a CentOS 7 system which uses
> LXDE for the desktop.
>
> In Fedora there is an item in Settings which can control this.  It is in
> the System Settings application:  Appearance - Application Style - Gnome
> Application Style and is called "On left-clicking the scroll bar".
>
> As for your first question, I do not know how to get the arrows back.  I
> have not missed them.

Thanks for this.

I created the file as described.

[gary at gary ~]$ cat .config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
[Settings]
gtk-primary-button-warps-slider=0
[gary at gary ~]$

and rebooted. Unfortunately it's not made any difference :(

Any ideas what I can try next?