[CentOS] C 7 installation annoyances

Tue Oct 16 20:20:22 UTC 2018
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 10/16/18 5:54 AM, Young, Gregory wrote:
> As for the use of software RAID. Don't. They are useless, particularly with Linux. The trend seems to be moving away from supporting software RAID in Linux in general, and in particular, RHEL/CentOS 7.5 had to hard drop support for HBE (Hybrid) RAID controllers.

I think you may be confused.  Neither MD RAID (software RAID) nor LVM
RAID are related to hybrid RAID controllers.  Software RAID is well
supported and reliable under Linux (provided that you have a UPS and
properly configured monitoring and shutdown!), and Red Hat's future
storage plans (Stratis) are build on software RAID (device mapper).