[CentOS] What are the differences between systemd and non-systemd Linux distros?

Wed Oct 17 09:11:52 UTC 2018
Anthony K <akcentos at anroet.com>

On 17/10/18 1:25 am, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> That said, if one is strongly willing to stay away from systemd, and
> not to such extent into Linux as to needing an advise on that, I would
> recommend to take a look at non-Linux system, specifically BSD
> descendants (FreeBSD, NetBSD, etc). Their kernel is not as heavy
> (big,resource demanding) as Linux kernel, and you can do pretty much
> everything one needs (except maybe computer games, although these will
> fall mostly into MS Windows scope). I for one have FreeBSD on my
> laptop (with alternative boot into Debian, the last being systemd
> though...).

It's starting to look as though the BSD camp may embrace systemd sooner
rather than later:

https://youtu.be/6AeWu1fZ7bY?t=1537 - I like this bit the most in that
video!

But do watch the entire presentation - good stuff.