[CentOS] Future Releases (was: What are the differences between systemd and non-systemd Linux distros?)

Thu Oct 18 17:36:26 UTC 2018
Walter H. <Walter.H at mathemainzel.info>

On 18.10.2018 00:08, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> The bottom line .. we don't make the decision whether or not to use
> systemd or not.  We rebuild RHEL source code.
will there come a CentOS 6.11 which will be capable of TLS1.3 or HTTP/2?
I'm sure there will come a CentOS 8, but when is it probable to be released?

one of the most important things (for me), as I already noticed there
will be quite differences
between CentOS 6 and CentOS 7, not only systemd or not, also Apache 2.2
and 2.4
and many other;
the config files won't be the same, will there be a migrate helper or
something like this
which does the config conversion to get a CentOS 7 or maybe then CentOS 8
that does exact the same things the old CentOS 6 did?

Greetings
Walter