[CentOS] Upstream and downstream (was Re: What are the differences between systemd and non-systemd Linux distros?)

Fri Oct 19 01:39:50 UTC 2018
Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com>

On Oct 18, 2018, at 7:35 PM, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:

> It is certainly not a lot of work

Typo: remove “not”.  Running your own Linux distro is a *lot* of work.  Just ask our benefactors here!

Also, I should clarify that I’m not calling for action for my own benefit.  I’m a happy CentOS 7 user; it would take a *very* nice alternative to make me switch.  I’m just saying that I’d much rather see people starting a project to produce a new distro than more anti-systemd griping.

If the project is successful, the user community can then vote with its feet.