[CentOS] What are the differences between systemd and non-systemd Linux distros?

Fri Oct 19 16:17:07 UTC 2018
Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com>

On Oct 17, 2018, at 6:55 PM, Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com> wrote:

> I’d rather spend time advocating for and taking advantage of systemd’s features than complaining about its weaknesses.
>
> (Automatic service restarts saved me a lot of work just a few weeks ago!)

Today’s software project is going to take me all day, and it’s largely going to amount to reinventing systemd template units, since the software has to run on non-CentOS 7 boxes.  I’d be done in an hour if I could just use template units.