[CentOS] systemd automount of cifs share hangs

Fri Oct 19 20:33:11 UTC 2018
Elliott Balsley <elliott at altsystems.com>

> But if I start the automount unit and ls the mount point, the shell hangs
> and eventually, a long time later (I haven't timed it, maybe an hour), I
> eventually get a prompt again. Control-C won't interrupt it. I can still
> ssh in and get another session so it's just the process that's accessing
> the mount point that hangs.

I don't have a solution, but I wanted to point out this same hang happened
to me recently with a Myricom 10Gb card.  Apparently Myricom drivers do not
support CentOS 7 smb connections, although HTTP traffic works fine.  I
solved it by switching to a different NIC.