[CentOS] Setting up sendmail to mail system messages on CentOS 6 and 7

Mon Oct 29 06:39:48 UTC 2018
Sorin Srbu <sorin.srbu at ilk.uu.se>

I'll look those up. The suggestions makes a lot of sense.

> > Is setting up sendmail different on CentOS 7 in any way, as compared to
> > CentOS 6??
>
> Not really.

Thanks.

> > Anything else I should double-check?
>
> Your logs will tell you what is happening and where to look at closer.
> If you like to get specific help from this list I feel you should
> provide your sendmail.mc and log content demonstrating your issue(s).

Gotcha'.

This morning I found a <bleep>load of "This message hasn't been delivered
yet" mails in my inbox.
Turns out the central uni mail filter had intercepted all my test mails from
the very beginning.

Previous log messages stated the mails had been accepted for delivery from
the mail servers and I took their word for it.

What I missed was these messages that came in slightly later; "First-time
sender tempfailed as anti-spam measure; please try again in 720 minutes..."

I'll have a talk with the central support and see if they can't ease up on
this.

Thanks everybody for your assistance as well as suggestions!

--
//Sorin