[CentOS] IPv6 fixed address using ip token

Thu Sep 20 17:00:27 UTC 2018
Mark Milhollan <mlm at pixelgate.net>

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018, Kenneth Porter wrote:

> I'm about to publish a fixed IPv6 address and I understand I can use the ip
> token command to lock the host part of the RA-assigned address to a fixed
> value. But I can't see an obvious place to configure this.

It looks like there is no support for IPv6 tokenized identifiers in the
existing ifcfg scripting (report an upstream bug?) so you would have to
wait for Red Hat to produce a solution, patch the scripts yourself (set
the interface's token just before bringing the interface up in
ifup-ipv6) or remove their use and write your own systemd.network(5)
unit for all the interfaces -- perhaps one of the two latter things
while waiting for the former.

/mark