[CentOS] GNOME, numeric keypad & commas

Gregory P. Ennis

PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sun Sep 2 17:11:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

Our local school has a 100 % CentOS network on servers and desktops.
Until recently, we were using a highly customized Xfce desktop
environment. Last week I decided to migrate all desktops from Xfce to
GNOME, which went quite well. Now I have to sand down some rough edges.

The secretary complained that she can't use the numeric keypad as
before. She's using LibreOffice Calc a lot, and she has to type in a
lot
of numbers with commas. With Xfce this was not a problem. Under GNOME,
this won't work anymore. As far as I can tell, this has to do with the
locale-specific syntax of 0.00 vs 0,00. Our systems are all localized
in
french.

Any idea how this can be solved?

Cheers,

Niki

Niki,

Thank you for your post.  I have just created a hypervisor with kvm and
centos 7.5, and posted the same keypad problem I thought was related to
kvm, but when I checked on my host centos 7.5 machine as opposed to the
guest machines, the keypad did not work on it either.  Looks like there
is a problem with the latest version of gnome3 in Centos 7.5.

Greg Ennis