[CentOS] postfix on centos 7

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Sep 7 01:13:04 UTC 2018

On 07/09/18 07:15, Larry Martell wrote:
> When I try and send mail I see this in the maillog:
>
> Sep  6 11:59:48 postfix/sendmail[11059]: fatal: open
> /etc/postfix/main.cf: Permission denied
>
> But /etc/postfix/main.cf is world readable:
>
> $ ls -l /etc/postfix/main.cf
> -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 27176 Jun  9  2014 /etc/postfix/main.cf

Check the output of:

rpm -Va postfix\*

If it shows no output then everything should be fine.  Otherwise the
output will show you what files have had permissions changed (or
anything else changed) since postfix was installed.

I don't think this checks selinux contexts, but it should find any other
permissions issues.

You can fix by re-installing postfix:

yum reinstall postfix\*

Peter