[CentOS] Enable FIPS mode for apache?

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Sep 26 22:26:35 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 04:24:23PM -0400, mark wrote:
> Here's a question that I have3n't found the answer to yet: does anyone
> know the effect of enabling FIPS mode for apache? Will it break existing
> websites? Does code need changing? Configuration, other than enabling it?
>
>      mark

I don't know anything about when it is a good idea or not, however, I
have been told (by a person I trust to be right) that FIPS 140-2 is
obsolete, in that it requires certain features that are now known to
not be your best bet for good security.

Sorry, I cannot be more specific, that is all I know on the topic.

               Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths;
                     Guide me in your truth and teach me,
                         for you are God my Savior,
                    And my hope is in you all day long.