[CentOS] Simple bash question

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Fri Sep 28 20:21:29 UTC 2018

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 09:39:29AM -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am calling a bash script and passing in somestring that includes a "$"
>
> myscript   "$plusmore"

myscript '$plusmore'

should work. note the single quotes.

If you can't use single quotes, I don't know how to use it,, but there
is probably something more arcane that would work, were one a guru.

Have you read thru 'man bash', carefully, looking for informatiion on
quoting?

there is also a document named Advanced Bash Scripting that gives lots
of gory details about doing odd things in Bash that might be helpful.
Google is your friend.

Fred

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us ----------------------------